Rita, outside Belvedere Cottages
Antique Shops in Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth has some of the best antique shops in the Eastern Cape.
1. Tony's Antiques - The oldest antique shop, founded in 1954. Call Olaf Tel. 041 5811618 Situated at 130 Fordyce Road, just off 6th Avenue, Walmer.
Here you will find Georgian,Victorian and period furniture, paintings and unusual smalls and silver.
2. Colonial Antiques is a treasure trove of antique furniture and paintings. Reynier du Preez and Aleta Bouwer co-owners of Colonial Antiques in Port Elizabeth have more than 20 years of experience in buying and trading of antique furniture. They keep a wide range of Persian Carpets personally selected from Iran. Situated at 14 Todd Street, North End, Port Elizabeth
3. Old Curiosity Shop - Famous for old crockery, china, cutlery and glassware. The shop is overflowing with assorted antiques and bric-a-brac. Situated at 8 Lawrence Street, Central, Port Elizabeth Phone Sheldon at 041 586 4786
4. Second Time Around - On the outskirts of Port Elizabeth. Offers vintage, antiques and interesting bits and pieces. Kragga Kamma Road. Continue past Kragga Kamma Game Park and continue pass the Lake Farm Centre turnoff and just past Royalston Estate. Plot 6, Farm 23 Kragga Kamma Road, Coleen Glen. lakePhone Amanda 041 3721763
5. Jen Jen's - The little antique shop on the Hill. Deals in all antiques and collectibles, specializing in coins, medals, jewelry, vintage guitars and musical instruments. Corner of Albany and Westbourne Road, Port Elizabeth. Call Jenny Jansen at 041 3749360
6. Amble In Antiques & Collectibles Specializing in vintage, Cape cottage furniture and bric a brac. 169 Main Road, Walmer. Phone Una at 041 581 2102