Prince Alfred's Guard Museum Port Elizabeth
The Prince Alfred's Guard Museum was created by a fusion of a military museum formerly housed in the Donkin Reserve complex and the regimental museum of the Prince Alfred’s Guard Regiment.
Prince Alfred’s Guard (PAG), is a City Regiment which was founded in 1856 as the Port Elizabeth Volunteer Rifle Corps. Its name changed by Royal assent after it provided a Royal Guard for Prince Alfred, second son of Queen Victoria, on his visit to the City in 1860.
The Victorian Drill Hall, in which the museum is housed, is one of the finest surviving examples of its type. It was opened in 1880 and has been the regiment’s headquarters ever since. The building, a National Monument, has been extensively restored and partly converted to museum use. Visiting hours: By appointment.
Latitude : -33° 57' 48.93" S
Longitude : 25° 37' 15.28" E