The Eight Gothic Revival Churches of Port Elizabeth
There are eight stunning churches which compliments the city of Port Elizabeth.
This is Gothic revival architecture at its best and all of them erected during the 19th century.
They all differ in appearance and beautifully reflects the consistency of the Gothic revival movement in each of these structures.
We list the churches in the order that they were completed.
1. The Collegiate Church of St Mary the Virgin, an Anglican Church situated at St Mary's Terrace
2. The Hill Presbyterian Church situated in Alfred Terrace
3. St Augustine's Cathedral, a Roman Catholic Church situated in Western Road
4. The Holy Trinity Anglican Church situated in Pearson Street
5. The Pearson Street Congregational Church
6. The Holy Rosary Convent Chapel in Western Road
7. St John's Methodist Church in Havelock Street
8. Saint Cuthbert's Gray Memorial Church, an Anglican Church in Westbourne Road
All eight churches are in very close proximity to Belvedere and Doncaster Cottages - For accommodation click here
- historical port elizabeth
- Anglican Church Westbourne Road
- Saint Cuthbert's Gray Memorial Church
- Havelock Street
- St John's Methodist Church
- Western Road Port Elizabeth
- The Holy Rosary Convent Chapel
- The Pearson Street Congregational Church
- Pearson Street
- The Holy Trinity Anglican Church
- Western Road
- Roman Catholic Church Port Elizabeth
- St Augustine's Cathedral
- Alfred Terrace
- The Hill Presbyterian Church
- St Mary's Terrace
- The Collegiate Church of St Mary the Virgin